We are excited to launch our newly designed website. We have migrated all our posts from the old side over here, but if you want to visit the old site you can, but we will not be updating it anymore, and it will eventually go away.
We have added several new features to help you get the most of the new site and utilizing our beloved trails.
- Email Notifications: On the lower right of the page there is a subscription button. If you would like to receive updates each time we do a post, go ahead and sign up. Not to worry we hate spam too, your information is safe with us.
- Notification Ribbon: This is not a new feature as we had it on our last site, however this ribbon is a bit more prominent. This status bar will always be the correct status of our beloved trails.
- Green: Open; This trail status means the trails are open for your enjoyment.
- Red: Closed; When the status is Red, we have closed the trails because it is too wet to ride.
- Yellow: Caution Trees Down; Indicates where trees may have fallen across the trail. This status will be accompanied by a post indicating where the trees are.
- Orange: Tread Lightly; Means that the trails are open, but we have some slick spots out there.
- Purple: Race Day; The trails are closed for a registered race. This will also accompany a post about the event.
- Light Blue: Winter Riding; During the winter we will post this status, please be aware of the freeze thaw cycles.
- Closed Trail Sections; upper right status: From time to time we close specific sections of trail. This is usually due to high water levels along the creek, or a fallen tree. In time we will improve this function and the ability to know exactly where trails are closed. There will also be a corresponding post with this notification. On the trail you will see caution tape closing off the particular section. Refer to our map to reference closed sections.
- Winona Lake Trails Donation: It takes quite a bit of resources for KCV Cycling to maintain the trails. Volunteer time, and money are two of the biggest resources we use. If you are looking for a Tax Deduction please consider donating to the trails. KCV Cycling is a 501 (c)(3) organization and your donations to us are tax deductible.
KCV Cycling is a 100% volunteer run organization, we do our best to keep this site up to date and realize we have had nearly 11,000 page views since we started this website almost 5 years ago. We understand that this is your go to site for everything Winona Lake Trails. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact us.